You may experience a Windows Security prompt or HTTP Error 401.2 when attempting to access the AD Self-Service Suite Admin:
1. Open AD Self-Service Configuration from the Start Menu and click on the Administration Console tab on the left hand side. Click on the AD Self-Service Admin link that appears.
2. Internet Explorer will attempt to load the AD Self-Service Suite Admin. If the Windows Security prompt appears, click Cancel. Press ALT to make the menu bar appear, then click on File to bring up the File menu, then click Properties.
3. In the Properties window that appears, make note of the Zone listed. In the example below, the AD Self-Service Suite Admin is listed under the Local intranet zone.
4. Press ALT to make the menu bar appear, then click on Tools to bring up the Tools menu, then click Internet Options.
5. In the Internet Options window that appears, click the Security tab. On the Security tab window, click on the zone that was shown in Step 3 (in our example, Local intranet). Once the zone is selected, click on the Custom Level... button.
6. In the Security Settings window that appears, scroll all the way down to the bottom. Under the User Authentication section, under the Logon section, click the radio button to select Automatic login with current user name and password. Click OK to close the Security Settings window. Click OK to close the Internet Options window.
7. Close Internet Explorer and reload the AD Self-Service Suite Admin. You should no longer be prompted with a Windows Security dialog when accessing the AD Self-Service Suite Admin.
For more information on AD Self-Service Suite please see the documentation.
Please feel free to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (877) 996-4276 (Option 2) if you have any questions or concerns regarding this guide.